The Retail Mutual is seeking to help independent retailers grow their businesses and encourage the use of technology to adapt to the changes that have taken place in consumer’s behaviour.
The pandemic has accelerated the change in shopping habits with a dramatic move to online purchasing through both necessity and preference. Many independent retailers are thinking about how they can encourage customers back onto the high street and are also looking at how they can benefit from the new order.
Rob Gibbs, Marketing Manager for The Retail Mutual, says, “Thanks to modern technology, it has never been easier to access information from anywhere in the world. Businesses that do not embrace digital, or any type of marketing for that matter, will find themselves struggling to compete.”
To help, The Retail Mutual has launched its Stronger Business, Stronger Future campaign. As an independent business, it can be easy to feel like the underdog when competing with larger brands. The Retail Mutual have collaborated with marketing experts, Wonderful Creative Agency, to create an in-depth marketing promotion guide. This is to help independent business owners get the most out of their digital marketing to attract more customers and increase on and offline sales.
This guide includes information on:
- SEO – How to improve your website so that it has a better chance of being found online
- Google My Business – A free way for your local community to find your business online
- Social Media – How to make the most of social media for your business
- Paid search – What it is and how paid search can work for your business
- Paid social – How advertising on social media can help you find new customers
- Video – Use video to promote your business and engage your customers
- eCommerce – How to use your website to sell your products
- Reporting and monitoring – Find out if your marketing is working by measuring data
- Bringing offline, online… Use traditional marketing to drive online sales
Jon Taylor, Mutual Manager for The Retail Mutual, says, “The Retail Mutual exists to support its Members. First and foremost, this involves protecting their businesses from risk. Many independent retailers face commercial risks which may be addressed, at least in part, through greater use of the many digital channels now available to them. This guide seeks to arm them with the information to help on this journey’.
The Making the Most of Digital Marketing guide is available to download on The Retail Mutual’s website (www.theretailmutual.com/downloads).