The Professional Beauty Association (PBA) announced the winners of the 2021 North American Hairstyling Awards (NAHA). The announcement took place on Sunday, August 29th at their awards ceremony at the Mandalay Bay Resort, Las Vegas, Nevada, during Cosmoprof North America.
NAHA is known as the beauty industry’s most prestigious competition in North America – honoring the top artists and creative talents who have pushed the boundaries of skill and creativity.
NAHA celebrates the industry’s leading talent and features 15 categories of excellence across hair and makeup artistry, including the new Inspiring Salon of the Year and Educator of the Year award categories.
“This was an unprecedented year for NAHA, yet the heightened creativity and sheer artistry represented were among the most impressive in the competition’s history,” shares Nina Daily, PBA’s Executive Director. “The industry rallied to channel energy into groundbreaking innovation and camaraderie, and we couldn’t be prouder of the winners, finalists and everyone who put so much passion and energy into making tonight such a success.”
NAHA 2021 was hosted by A-list celebrity stylist and Living Proof Global Creative Director Michael Shaun Corby and featured artistic presentations by Silas Tsang and the Ulta Beauty Pro Team. The event was live-streamed and available on-demand for those who were not able to attend in person.
2021 NAHA Awards Winners:
• Men’s Hairstylist of the Year- Nieves Almaraz
• Avant Garde- Sharie Valcin
• Editorial Stylist of the Year- Danielle Keasling
• Educator of the Year- Sam Villa
• Haircolor- Suzanne Sturm
• Haircutting- Stephen Moody
• Hairstylist of the Year- Silas Tsang
• Inspiring Salon of the Year- Square Colour Salon + Spa
• Makeup Artist of the Year- Nohemi Capetillo
• Master Hairstylist of the Year- Ruth Roche
• #NAHAMoment- Lauren Moser
• Student Hairstylist of the Year- Alisha Kemp
• Styling and Finishing- Nick Stenson
• Team of the Year- Julie Vriesinga
• Texture- Ammon Carver
To watch the awards ceremony on demand, including interviews from the red carpet, please visit https://www.bigmarker.com/professional-beautyassociat/NAHA-2021-Livestream