Following from yesterday’s announcement from the First Minister, barbershops and hairdressers will be allowed to open from Wednesday 15th July.
Today, the Scottish government has published guidelines for hair professionals and other close contact services.
Barbers and stylists have been advised to follow the UK Government’s Guidance for Close Contact Services, however, face coverings or masks will be mandatory for both clients and staff in Scotland.
The key points of the UK Government guidance are to:
- encourage clients to use hand sanitiser or handwashing facilities as they enter the premises or before treatment
- calculate the maximum number of clients that can reasonably follow social distancing guidelines and limiting the number of appointments at any one time
- when booking an appointment, ask the client if they can attend on their own, where possible
- remind clients who are accompanied by children that they are responsible for supervising them at all times and should follow social distancing guidelines
- operate an appointment-only system
- maintaining social distancing in waiting areas
- when waiting areas can no longer maintain social distancing, consider using a ‘one-in-one-out’ policy
- encourage clients to arrive at the time of their appointment
- ask anyone suffering COVID-19 related symptoms NOT to attend appointments
For more information, click here.