|With Movember already half-way through, it’s time to check in on those moustaches that have been sprouting all month long. But if your facial hair is still in its early stages or needs a little TLC, don’t fret. These expert tips from Chris & Sons will help you salvage your ‘stache.|
A recent study by YouGov found that 1 in 10 British men now sport a moustache, equating to over 3 million people. While moustaches have gained popularity, many men find it challenging to grow and maintain a well-groomed moustache. A recent survey conducted by The Beard Mag revealed that 35% of British men who attempt to grow a moustache face difficulties, primarily due to uneven growth, patchiness, and itchiness.
With this in mind, Andrew Vassiliou, Director of Chris & Sons – the UK’s leading hair and beauty supplier – shares expert tips proving a magnificent moustache is not an impossible feat.
1. Maintaining an amazing moustache is a blend of grooming and patience. To begin, allow your moustache to grow freely for a few weeks without trimming. This will help you determine your natural shape and thickness. Once you’ve achieved a desirable length, keep it tidy with regular trims, focusing on any strays that may appear. A quality pair of scissors or a fine-toothed comb is essential for this.
2. Moisturising is key. Just like the hair on your head, your moustache needs hydration. Apply a moustache-specific wax or balm to keep it soft, manageable, and free from flakiness.
3. Invest in a high-quality moustache comb or brush to maintain its shape and appearance throughout the day. Regular combing not only keeps your moustache looking neat but also helps to train the hair to grow in the desired direction. Start by combing in the direction of hair growth and then gently sweep the hair to the sides. Combing can also stimulate blood flow to the hair follicles, potentially enhancing growth.
Moustache growth serums, formulated with ingredients like minoxidil, have been shown to promote hair growth. Just apply a small amount to your moustache area, and you might notice a significant difference over time.
4. Avoid over-styling your moustache. Frequent trimming and excessive use of styling products can slow down growth. Instead, let it grow naturally and trim it sparingly to maintain your desired shape.
Don’t underestimate the power of a good diet and overall health. Proper nutrition can contribute to the health of your facial hair. A balanced diet rich in vitamins, especially B-vitamins and biotin, will promote growth.
5. Avoid excessive smoking and alcohol consumption as they can hinder growth and lead to hair loss.
6. Lastly, don’t rush the process. Growing an amazing moustache takes time. Embrace the awkward phases, be patient, and remember that every moustache is unique. With the right care and attention, you’ll soon have the enviable moustache you’ve always wanted.”
Check Chris and Sons website for more: https://www.chrisandsons.co.uk/barbering.html.